MARIANNE WILLIAMSON FOR PRESIDENT "JOIN THE CAMPAIGN FOR A DAY" SWEEPSTAKES
Important: Please read these rules before entering this online promotion (the “Promotion”).
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION, AND WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING
- Eligibility. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL U.S. CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENTS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND PUERTO RICO [A1] AND WHO ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND MARIANNE WILLIAMSON FOR PRESIDENT (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Disclaimer. Sponsor, and its related committees, candidate, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:01 am ET on Tuesday, August 8, 2023 and ends at 11:59 pm on Sunday, August 201, 2023 ET (the “Deadline”). All entries must be received by the Deadline to be eligible to win a prize.
- Prizes. One (1) winner will receive the following prize package (the “Prize”)
Round-trip coach-class airplane ticket for winner from the major airport closest to the winner’s address within the fifty United States, Puerto Rico or the District of Columbia to join Marianne in Washington, DC or other agreed upon location (the “Destination”), including ground transportation to and from the airport at the Destination.
One (1) nights’ accommodations for the winner at a hotel to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion on the night of the event.
Meals with Marianne and staff, locations to be determined by Sponsor.
The approximate retail value of the entire Prize is: $3000. Sponsor will choose, in its sole discretion, the airline, hotel, flight dates, flight times, departure city and airport and other logistics and details. Dates of travel subject to availability. If the winner’s address is within 100 miles of the Destination, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, provide ground transportation to the Destination in lieu of an airplane ticket. Except as expressly set forth in the description of the Prize above, the winner and his or her guest are responsible for ground transportation to and from the airports and hotel, all meals and all other expenses that such winner and their guest incur in connection with the Prize.
- Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. The Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if (a) the winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 10 and 11 below) are not returned as required from the potential winner winner’s guest, (b) two (2) attempts to contact the potential winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful, (c) the potential winner is not able to travel to any event included as part of the Prize, (d) the winner or winner’s guest does not pass the background check conducted by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion (see Section 8), or (e) the Prize is otherwise not claimed. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one (1) prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- How to Enter. Participants may enter as follows:
(a) Free Online Entry Method: To enter via the free online entry method, visit HERE or other web page specifically identified by Sponsor and complete and submit the online entry form during the Promotion Period.
(b) Contribution Method: To enter by contributing to Sponsor, complete and submit the contribution form at HERE or other web page specifically identified by Sponsor during the Promotion Period. No minimum contribution is necessary to enter and entering via the contribution method will not increase your chances of winning the prize. All contributions are subject to the limitations and prohibitions of the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971, as amended. An individual may contribute up to $3,300 per election. Contributions in excess of this amount, or in any amount from corporations, labor organizations, national banks, federal contractors, and foreign nationals, are prohibited. Sponsor does not accept contributions from corporate PACs.
- Selection of Winner. The winner will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held at Washington, D.C. by August 25, 2023. Winner will be notified by phone or email by August 25, 2023. Sponsor may, at its option, conduct a background check on each potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person from receiving any prize based on such background check if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that awarding any prize to such potential winner could result in a safety or security risk to any person or persons or could result in the disruption of any event associated with the Promotion. To claim the prize, the winner must follow the instructions contained in his/her notification and must identify potential guests to sponsor. Sponsor may, at its option, conduct the same background check and process applicable to potential winners. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential guest in its sole discretion.
- General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Use of Winner Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use winner’s name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner and winner’s guest may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, the winner and the winner’s guest will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after August 20, 2023 and before August 20, 2024 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Join the Campaign for a Day Winner List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Join the Campaign for a Day Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
- Copyright Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2023 by Marianne Williamson for President. All rights reserved.
- Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of California. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please email them to [email protected] or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: Join the Campaign for a Day Questions.
- Sponsor: Marianne Williamson for President Campaign, P.O Box 33079 Washington, DC 20033.